Rev Eastwood Anaba Definition Of Richies Shock The Rich World

Reverend Joseph Eastwood Anaba is a graduate pharmacist from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana. Pastor Eastwood left the pharmacy profession to go into full time ministry of the Lord in 1988, during one of his services at Fountain Gate Chapel(Dessert Pastures) at the first quarter of this year,has expressed that: "anybody who wants to do something for God but you do not have the means yet, you are poor.... You have not built a hospital, you think you are rich? You have not built a hostel for students, you think you are rich? You are not paying school fees for 100 children, you think you are rich? You are broke!
Archibald(left) ministering alongside his Father(Rev Eastwood)

One day, I told my son Archie, I said ; Archie, your father is a very poor man. He said eh? I said I am a glorified poor man. It is only our suit you look at and think we have prospered. But if you know the frustration in our hearts, the homeless people we can't help, sick people we cannot help. I live in a Region that needs all the help in this world, [that is the] Upper East Region. If I were a rich man, by now I would have made a tarred road in my village. I have never tarred a road in the Upper East Region, I'm broke. I have not built a hospital yet. Recently, somebody was sick in Bolgatanga, we had to carry the person from Bolga to Tamale Teaching Hospital, I'm poor.... [If I were rich], I will build a hospital with a helipad on the top of the hospital where helicopters can land... 

The Bible says, Jesus Christ, though He was rich, for your sake, He became poor"For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9  KJV". That means, godly poverty is when you are poor because of others. The reason you think you are rich is because you are looking at yourself".
Fountain Gate Chapel auditorium,Bolgatanga

Rev Eastwood also added: Let's not get this twisted ; some of us hide under the parable of the wise and foolish virgins and refuse to help our neighbours with the extra 'oil' we have. Note, the parable described them as foolish virgins because they had the opportunity to take extra oil but they did not. So let me ask this; is it the case that the neighbour we are refusing to help with our emergency-saved-up money had the opportunity to be rich yet they foolishly did not take that chance?

                                                                                                       By Francis Ofei Aidoo,Accra.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why doctors are recently calling for the ban of the use of naphthalene bulbs in homes

The mystery Of dream

Why you shouldn't start your day with carbohydrate foods and processed sugars